Sep 16, 2009

What's on your desk Wednesday?

I've been tagged!

What's on your desk Wednesday? is a weekly bookish meme hosted by Sassy Brit of Alternative-Read.com . Check her blog out each Wednesday for the post titled, What's on your desk Wednesday?

You can do one of two things or both!

1.
Grab a camera and take a photo of your desk! Or anywhere you stack your books/TBR pile. And no tidying! Add this photo to your blog.Tag at least 5 people! Come back here and leave a link back to your photo in comments.
2.
List at least 5 BOOKISH things on your desk (I'm thinking your TBR pile or books you haven't shelved...) List at least 5 NON BOOK things. (I'm thinking some of some of the more unusual items on your desk/table?) Tag at least 5 people to do the same. Come back here and leave your link, so we can come and visit your blog. Or add your answers in the comments if you don't have a blog.


Five bookish things on my desk:

Hardball by Sara Paretsky,
The Official Scrabble Word Finder by Robert W. Schachner,
The Official Scrabble Players Dictionary, third edition
A Year of Pleasures by Elizabeth Berg
One Deadly Sin by Annie Solomon, won in a give away by Carole's Notebook.

Five non book things on my desk: The Music of China compact disc, a yellow flashlight, a paper/photo scanner, a box of paper clips, and a goose neck lamp.

Not very exciting, I know. I keep books in another room as well as downstairs and in the basement, so my desk is mostly book free but covered in notebooks, in which I hope to write sometime. Thanks, Sassy for the tag! I'm to tag a few others, so here goes:

HODGEPODGESPV
Rose City Reader
The Little Bookworm

8 comments:

  1. Hey, thanks for playing! Not boring at all, I'm just too nosy for that.

    So, you're a Scrabble player, you sneak around in the dark, (flashlight), a notebook fiend (I am, too) and like to paper clip everything together!

    I feel I know you so much better now :)

    What are you writing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sassy: trying to write a memoir but not going anywhere fast, what with book reviews, scrabble, and other distractions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hodge: you're not plural any more. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a good idea: make a lamp out of a goose neck and eat the rest of the goose. No food waste at your house!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hodge and Charlie: Ha, ha, all the jokers. Let's see YOUR answers, now!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and thoughts...

Three Novels: Japanese Mystery; Family Drama; Ecuadorian

  Books in the mail The Night of Baba Yaga  by Akira Otani (translated from the Japanese). July 2, 2024, Soho Crime This is an unusual novel...