Welcome to the Sunday Salon!
Here's a wrap-up for the past week.
1. I reviewed three books this past week:
- Denise's Daily Dozen: The Easy, Every Day Program to Lose Up to 12 Pounds in 2 Weeks
- Dino Vicelli, Private Eye
- The Trudeau Vector: A Novel
2. I also had lengthy negotiations with an author and her publicists re a book giveaway of the cookbook, Simply Quince by Barbara Gazarian. The cookbook is the first of its kind to focus on the fruit, quince, and its many uses in jams, jellies, desserts, and meat recipes.
Look for the giveaway which will be posted along with an interview with the author early this week. The author wanted to include a jar of her artisan quince jam along with the giveaway, but we decided on two books only. The interview will have details on where to buy her quince products.
3. Getting over a cold, but still had time for a quick visit to the library, where I borrowed Christopher G. Moore's Paying Back Jack, a thriller set in Bangkok.
4. Also speed read yesterday another library loan, The Cellist of Sarajevo by Stephen Galloway, a book I would recommend for its writing and its moving story of people under the strain of the war in Bosnia.
5. I was disappointed that my review post of Denise's Daily Dozen: Lose up to 12 Pounds in 2 Weeks didn't get viewers! It's an excellent and easy book to follow - exercises, eating tips, and recipes. Hope you check it out!
6. The Japanese Literature Challenge 3 ended yesterday. It has 241 book reviews posted by many, many different reviewers! I have 2 more books I started and will enter as a carry over to the next challenge, which will begin early summer.
7. Last day to enter a giveaway of a signed copy of The Last Surgeon, a medical thriller by Michael Palmer. Click on the book title to enter. Good luck!
What did you do last week?