Welcome to the Sunday Salon! A Monday-Sunday wrap-up? Let's see ...
1) Two reviews - Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen (excellent audio book), and The Risk of Infidelity Index, a detective crime novel by Christopher G. Moore, set in Bangkok.
2) An interview with Kristin Bair O'Keeffe, author of Thirsty: A Novel
3) Posted a blue-grey winter photo of my snowy backyard for Wordless Wednesday
4) Wrote on the prompt, fortune, for the 100-Word Writing Challenge
5) Posted a book giveaway for the wine memoir, Corked.
6) Accepted two awards and passed them on: The Honest Scrap Award and the One Lovely Blog Award.
I wrested off part of my winter cocoon this weekend and ventured out after the sun came out and started to melt the foot of snow outside. I even did some chores, including opening a bunch of packages with books! that came in the mail, and updating the list of books to read and review. I love making that list, but Sigh! Do I really do this for free? Yes, just because I love the 2 Rs - reading and writing. (I dropped the 3rd R - Rithmatic - some years ago.)
Am also getting more creative with food - Greek zuchini fritters with feta cheese; omlettes with cheese, parsley, onions, and watercress; fresh coconuts for the juice and soft meat. Anything to get in the required servings of three veggies and three servings of fruit each day - healthy eating tips I got from Denise's Daily Dozen. It's becoming quite an adventure.
Forgot to mention I received the audio book I won, The Swan Thieves, and am setting aside some quiet time to listen to the 17 discs. Maybe I'll keep it for mid-March.
One more thing, we are enjoying the skiing, skating, bobsledding, and curling, yes curling! competitions in Vancouver. I think I'd like to try my hand at curling, though I'm sure it's not as easy as it looks.
What did you do last week?