Apr 10, 2010

Read-a-Thon: Yes I Can! When I Can!

This is my first time to join Dewey's Read-a-Thon, and I'm excited to join, although there are chores to do!!! But I can fit it in. Yes, I can!

Hour 1: Three questions to answer:

Where are you reading from today: Ohio, the heart of the Midwest.

Three facts about me:
1. I love gardening almost as much as reading.
2. I get up early in the morning to blog.
3. I can't limit myself to one or two genre of books, as I love reading a variety of novels, though I like mysteries and good contemporary fiction among others.

How many books in my to be read pile for the next 24 hours?

Songs of the Humpback Whale1. Realistically, I hope to finish Songs of the Humpback Whale by Jodi Picoult, a writer I've heard a lot about but have just discovered for myself. I'm enjoying this book so far but am only on page 42.

2. Arabesk: Inspector Ikmen #3 by Barbara Nadel, a new mystery set in Turkey.
3.The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest by Stieg Larsson, a thick book that I may not be able to finish before the Read-a-Thon is over.

Do you have any goals for the Read-a-Thoner?
1. I must finish Songs of the Humpback Whale and Arabesk! Those are my goals.
2. I may even do more of the Mini Challenges!

Good luck all!

Bookmark and Share

9 comments:

  1. Have fun with all the reading today :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great day reading & good luck! I hope you get to the Larsson! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with reading, I'm sure you'll enjoy your first read-a-thon.
    Thanks for joining in the fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by to comment. Happy reading. Remember slow and steady wins the race LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with your reading goals! Songs of the Humpback Whale sounds interesting, can't wait to see what you think of it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a little piece of heaven - enjoy the books! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck-I hope that you are having fun! Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay! I'm glad you decided to join in the read-a-thon! I hope you've had a good time and accomplished some of your goals, but most importantly that you've had fun doing it! :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and thoughts...

Three Novels: Japanese Mystery; Family Drama; Ecuadorian

  Books in the mail The Night of Baba Yaga  by Akira Otani (translated from the Japanese). July 2, 2024, Soho Crime This is an unusual novel...