This is my first time to join Dewey's Read-a-Thon, and I'm excited to join, although there are chores to do!!! But I can fit it in. Yes, I can!
Hour 1: Three questions to answer:
Where are you reading from today: Ohio, the heart of the Midwest.
Three facts about me:
1. I love gardening almost as much as reading.
2. I get up early in the morning to blog.
3. I can't limit myself to one or two genre of books, as I love reading a variety of novels, though I like mysteries and good contemporary fiction among others.
How many books in my to be read pile for the next 24 hours?
1. Realistically, I hope to finish Songs of the Humpback Whale by Jodi Picoult, a writer I've heard a lot about but have just discovered for myself. I'm enjoying this book so far but am only on page 42.
2. Arabesk: Inspector Ikmen #3 by Barbara Nadel, a new mystery set in Turkey.
3.The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest by Stieg Larsson, a thick book that I may not be able to finish before the Read-a-Thon is over.
Do you have any goals for the Read-a-Thoner?
1. I must finish Songs of the Humpback Whale and Arabesk! Those are my goals.
2. I may even do more of the Mini Challenges!
Good luck all!