Aug 12, 2010

Booking Through Thursday: Reading Choices

You can join Booking Through Thursday by clicking on this link. This week's question:

Have your reading choices changed over the years? Or pretty much stayed the same? (And yes, from childhood to adulthood we usually read different things, but some people stick to basically the same kind of book their entire lives, so…)

My answer: I haven't changed from loving mysteries, thrillers, and historical mysteries or novels written by international authors, but I have added spicy romances, memoirs, cookbooks, contemporary fiction, and some self-help books to my list. In all, my blog has quite a variety of books. You never know what you'll find on this blog!

What are your recent reading habits?

6 comments:

  1. I'm like you, I still love my mysteries and thrillers but since I've been blogging I have expanded my reading into other genres. It's been interesting and fun to try different genres that I normally would have picked up in a book store. The change is good.

    Mason
    Thoughts in Progress

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always read pretty much everything. It can only get better with time and it is...

    Here is my BTT: Evolution post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think my tastes have changed much- mystery, fantasy and some romance tossed in, but I do read books out of my comfort zone more as an adult.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to agree with you Harvee. Since blogging I have definitely ventured outside of my usual comfort zone of reading. Most of the tim for good, but there are the occasional stinkers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My tastes have changed over the years or maybe I just added to my reading likes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My tastes haven't changed so much as I've worked harder at finding what I like...does that make sense? I'm more willing to search out unique titles, and have fallen for translated works from Europe (that nobody's ever heard of!).

    One newer thing though is I give up quickly if I don't like a title...I'm not going to waste the time, wherein the past I would slog through.

    Still hate sci-fi...

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and thoughts...

Sunday Salon: French Windows and The Venus of Salo

  In the Mailbox French Windows  by Antoine Laurain, publication June 25, 2024 by Gallic Books Source: ARC from Meryl Zegarek Public Relatio...