Jan 1, 2011

2010: Some Favorite Books Read But Not Reviewed

Looking over my list of book reviews for last year (in the previous post), I noticed some outstanding gaps. Did I really read the books below and not give them a full review? Here are some of the Read But Not Reviewed books that I recommend for everyone's TBR list!

The Poisonwood Bible

1. The Poisonwood Bible: A Novel (P.S.)  by Barbara Kingsolver, one of the best books I read in 2010.
2. The Girl Who Played with Fire (Vintage)by Stieg Larsson
3. The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest by Stieg Larsson
4. The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie: A Flavia de Luce Mystery by Alan Bradley

Aching for Always
5. Aching for Alwaysby Gwyn Cready
6. Tumbling Through Time by Gwyn Cready
7. Several mysteries by Susan Hill
Pride And Prejudice
8. Pride And Prejudice by Jane Austen, Kindle edition
9. I Curse the River of Time: A Novel (The Lannan Translation Series) by Per Petterson
10. The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd - the audio book I really enjoyed
Traveling with Pomegranates: A Mother and Daughter Journey to the Sacred Places of Greece, Turkey, and France
11.Traveling with Pomegranates: A Mother and Daughter Journey to the Sacred Places of Greece, Turkey, and France by Sue Monk Kidd and Ann Kidd Taylor
World and Town
12. World and Town by Gish Jen, a novel


There are more, especially library books that I've returned and can't (heavens!) remember! I've really got to be more deliberate next year - another New Year's Resolution!

7 comments:

  1. I am glad I got into the habit of writing short notes & reviewing my books as soon as I had read them once I started blogging. Otherwise I wouldn´t remember a thing three days after (apart from what I felt when I read it). I also enjoyed Stieg Larsson´s books, and The Sweetness at the Bottom.. is waiting for me in my Kindle.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the suggestions. I just downloaded a few First Chapter samples of two of them. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Flavia was my favourite character of the year, that made my list also.

    I saw the movie Secret Life of Bees and was amazed by it, didn't realise it was a book but thought the movie was great.

    Happy New Year to you

    Here is my favourite list

    http://teawithmarce.blogspot.com/2010/12/tea-time-with-marce-2010-list-of.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never track the books I read - but I often wish I did - maybe this year :) Hope 2011 brings you lots of joy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I definitely need to read The Poisonwood Bible - I'm not quite sure what I'm waiting for! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I could read only 95 books. But that's ok. I was in a reading slump for more than four months.

    Happy New Year to you and your family. Have a great reading year in 2011!!!

    Here are my Best Reads of 2010.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OK I need to read The Girl who kicked the Hornet's nest ; I am reading Alan Bradly (STILL reading) and I have Poisonwood in my TBR, which I will get to this year :)

    I hope you have a great New Year ahead :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and thoughts...

Sunday Salon: French Windows and The Venus of Salo

  In the Mailbox French Windows  by Antoine Laurain, publication June 25, 2024 by Gallic Books Source: ARC from Meryl Zegarek Public Relatio...