Jan 6, 2011

Books: Travels with a Pet and Other Animals

Besides downloading more than 250 books so far from Kindle, most of them classics for free, I've bought and am reading a few that cost $2.99 or less and one just downloaded for $7.95.  Keeping costs down, but then two days ago I spent over $30 in the bookstore!

Travels with a Donkey in the CevennesI'm now re-reading and enjoying Travels with a Donkey in the Cevennes by Robert Louis Stevenson, in which the author roams through mountains in France with his pack animal, a little donkey he names Modestine.

Travels With Charley: In Search of America Another travel book that I've read a couple of times is Travels with Charley in Search of America: (Centennial Edition) by John Steinbeck, who motored across America in the 1960 with his dog, a standard poodle named Charley.

Wish I knew more books about traveling with a pet or animal. Do you know of any?

2 comments:

  1. I want to read Travels with Charley!! I'm saving my $$ for a Kindle. I've downloaded quite a few on my son's Kindle which I'm sure I won't get to before I turn it back to him. I've downloaded at least 20 free books to my iTouch. I love the free offers...they're pretty amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never been able to read travel books, i don't know why.

    I need to give them a try. Modestine? What a name :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and thoughts...

Sunday Salon: French Windows and The Venus of Salo

  In the Mailbox French Windows  by Antoine Laurain, publication June 25, 2024 by Gallic Books Source: ARC from Meryl Zegarek Public Relatio...