Jul 24, 2012

Book Teaser: Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly meme hosted by MizB; choose sentences at random from your current read. Identify the author and title for readers.

Shadow and Bone
"The servants called them malenchki, little ghosts, because they were the smallest and the youngest, and because they haunted the Duke's house like giggling phantoms, darting in and out of rooms, hiding in cupboards to eavesdrop, sneaking into the kitchen to steal the last of the summer peaches." (page 1; from an advanced reader's edition; final copy may differ).
Title:Shadow and Bone: Grisha Trilogy
Author: Leigh Bardugo
Genre: fantasy
Source: ARC from Macmillan Children's Publishing

Book description:
Alina Starkov, orphaned by the Border Wars, relies on her best friend and fellow refugee, Mal. Drafted into the army of their war-torn homeland, they’re sent on a dangerous mission into the Fold, a swath of unnatural darkness crawling with monsters who feast on human flesh.

Alina reveals a dormant power no one knew existed. She is whisked away to the royal court to become a member of the Grisha, the magical elite led by the mysterious Darkling. He believes she is one person with the power to destroy the Fold.

12 comments:

  1. That's a great teaser! Even if the book isn't my cup of tea, it sounds like a really elaborate and entertaining story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the way she writes. Really wanted to keep reading.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've read good reviews for this book. It is on my TBR list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been wanting to read this book. Thanks for sharing your teaser
    My TT

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really need to get this one. It sounds so good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. All I can picture is a bunch of little "Peeves". Lol. Great tease! Thanks for sharing. I've got this book on the top of my tbr list.

    Here's my TT If you'd like to check it out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I recently purchased this. Nice teaser! Thanks for sharing.

    Here is my: Teaser Tuesday

    Anne @ Everything A-TO-C

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my, yes! I would definitely read this one, especially after reading that summary!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Excellent teaser! I love a good fantasy -- especially one with flesh-eating monsters!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like a terrific trilogy--enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and thoughts...

Three Novels: Japanese Mystery; Family Drama; Ecuadorian

  Books in the mail The Night of Baba Yaga  by Akira Otani (translated from the Japanese). July 2, 2024, Soho Crime This is an unusual novel...