Feb 2, 2013

Sunday Salon: No Shadows on the Snowiest Day

The Sunday Salon.com Welcome to the Sunday Salon!

Punxsutawney Phil didn't see his shadow today in Pennsylvania and so predicted an early spring! That was nice to hear, considering today we had one of our snowiest days in Ohio, with several inches of white on the ground and more snow dusting down.

And never mind that our local groundhog, HuckyToo, saw his shadow and predicted the opposite - six more weeks of winter! We hope that Hucky is wrong and Punxy is right!

I finished a library book, one that I grabbed minutes after it hit the shelves for the first time in our library - Speaking From Among the Bones, the fifth in the Flavia de Luce mystery series by Alan Bradley.I finished it pronto and promptly wrote a review. (Click on the title to see it).

I am more than half way through the stirring and emotional novel about Anne Morrow Lindbergh, the wife of the famous aviator Charles Lindbergh,  The Aviator's Wife written by Melanie Benjamin. I hope to write a review soon.

After a long period of not borrowing library books, I came away with three other books - two novels and a mystery. Click on the covers for the details.

 


This should help keep me occupied for the next six weeks of winter! What are you reading?

7 comments:

  1. I've been visiting the library more lately, as my shelves are "overwhelmed" with the books I've been bringing in.

    I do want to read The Aviator's Wife...I'll probably request it from the library. Unless it comes on Vine.

    I've also been trying to read more from my stacks....

    Here's MY SUNDAY SALON POST

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like a good pile of books to see you through the rest of the winter! Aren't libraries great?

    I tried changing my reader to your new url but it doesn't seem to want to take it. I'll keep trying, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our local groundhog Malvern Mel also predicted more winter!

    Though we got about an inch lat night, I terms of snow this year has been minimal so far so I am not complaining.

    This is a great time of year to read!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope the groundhog is right too! I am so ready for spring!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always think that the whole groundhog thing is funny because in Nebraska, as I'm sure with Ohio, spring really starts about the middle of March no matter what the groundhog says.

    Glad to hear you're enjoying The Aviator's Wife; it's one I've been looking forward to for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish we had snow here! Let alone groundhogs...

    Right now I'm starting on John Green's The Fault in Our Stars and I'm super excited for it because I've heard so many great things about it.

    Great book picks, by the way. Happy reading! : )
    -Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Blackberry Winter!! Yay!! I love my library and it always gets me into trouble because I check out way more than I can ever read!!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and thoughts...

Sunday Salon: French Windows and The Venus of Salo

  In the Mailbox French Windows  by Antoine Laurain, publication June 25, 2024 by Gallic Books Source: ARC from Meryl Zegarek Public Relatio...