Jan 4, 2014

Book Review: Murder Strikes a Pose by Tracy Weber


Murder Strikes a Pose: A Downward Dog Mystery
Author: Tracy Weber
To be released January 8, 2014; Midnight Ink
Genre: cozy mystery

About the book: What does a yoga teacher and a responsible dog owner have in common? They are basically decent people, according to Kate Davidson, who owns Serenity Yoga studio in Seattle. When Kate finds herself in charge of a large, homeless German Shepherd with expensive medical problems, she tries to find an adoptive family for the dog, Bella. Easier said than done. Bella dislikes men with beards and she will also go after any dog that comes too close.

Kate puts up with Bella out of loyalty to the dog's former owner George whom Kate had befriended and come to like. Besides the yoga studio, Kate also has her hands full solving George's murder and dealing with her friend Rene's push to rev up Kate's love life and find her a boyfriend.

My comments:
Yoga, dogs, mystery - I was sure I'd like this novel, and I did! Kate Davidson is a very engaging main character, yogi, and dog person. I learned more from her about negative and positive dog training methods and about yoga for children, pregnant women, and those with health problems. Besides enjoying the murder plot and the suspense of the mystery, I liked Kate's humor and wit and Tracy Weber's excellent writing. I am looking forward to her next in this new cozy mystery series.

My objective rating: 4/5/5. Thanks to the author/publisher for sending a copy of this book for review.

7 comments:

  1. It is kind of amusing that the murder of the dogs owner brings duel problems for the protagonist. That is solving the murder as well as managing the dog. I sometimes wonder how the pets do after someone is deceased.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reading the book--and (I'm so very pleased that you liked it!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you liked this book. I've added it to my to read list. It sounds like it has some wonderful elements.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Naida, Becca, and Pat, thanks for your interest! Seeing this book come to fruition has been a dream come true for me!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and thoughts...

Sunday Salon: French Windows and The Venus of Salo

  In the Mailbox French Windows  by Antoine Laurain, publication June 25, 2024 by Gallic Books Source: ARC from Meryl Zegarek Public Relatio...