Jul 6, 2014

Sunday Salon: Fireworks

Welcome to the Sunday Salon where bloggers share their reading each week. Also visit It's Monday: What Are You Reading hosted by Book Journey, and Mailbox Monday each week. Also visit Tynga's Reviews at Stacking the Shelves.

Taking it easy on the last day of the holiday weekend. Gardening, swimming, cooking, and eating. And of course watched lots of unusual fireworks....on TV. This one reminds me of a giant jellyfish with long glowing tentacles....or hanging chandeliers.



One interesting book came in last week:


by Marie-Helene Bertino.
Madeleine Altimari is a smart-mouthed, precocious nine-year-old and an aspiring jazz singer. As she mourns the recent death of her mother, she doesn’t realize that on Christmas Eve Eve she is about to have the most extraordinary day—and night—of her life. (publisher)
I enjoy books with precocious kids as the main characters. How about you?

19 comments:

  1. Great fireworks! I don't read too many children's books. Enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pat: the NYC fireworks this year were amazing! By the way, 2 A.M. in the Cat's Pajamas is really an adult novel featuring the nine-year-old and two adults at the jazz club, The Cat's Pajamas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoy precocious kid characters! Is the book historical fiction or present day?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also missed the live fireworks this weekend.

    I hope that you and your family are having a great holiday weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the fireworks photo. We always try to make time to watch some of the Macy's fireworks display on NBC, especially when we haven't gone anywhere special. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw some unusual fireworks this year too. Great photo! Hope you enjoy your new book!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The book looks fun - I'm happy with that type of child in a book, but not so tolerant in real life! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Cat's Pajamas has a great title and sounds fun.

    Fireworks photo is awesome.

    ENJOY your reading week.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Mailbox Monday

    ReplyDelete
  9. I got the same book. I hope we both love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cool fireworks pic! I don't mind precocious kids in books as long as they are well-written. Enjoy your new book!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The title is intriguing and got me curious about the story. Hope you love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope you like the book.... those fireworks really do look like a jellyfish, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those are amazing fireworks...Chandelier sounds right.

    Or jellyfish. LOL

    I like precocious kids, too, and this title sounds good. Enjoy.

    Here's MY WEEKLY SUNDAY/MONDAY UPDATES POST

    ReplyDelete
  14. Madeleine Altimari sounds like a wonderful character.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great fireworks and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I watched the fireworks on TV too! No bugs and my comfy chair.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and thoughts...

Sunday Salon: French Windows and The Venus of Salo

  In the Mailbox French Windows  by Antoine Laurain, publication June 25, 2024 by Gallic Books Source: ARC from Meryl Zegarek Public Relatio...