Dec 30, 2016

Book Beginning: Road to Paradise by Paullina Simons

Memes: The Friday 56. Grab a book, turn to page 56 or 56% of your eReader. Find any sentence that grabs you. Post it, and add your URL post in Linky at Freda's Voice. Also visit Book Beginning at Rose City Reader.
 
Road to Paradise by Paullina Simons. November 29, 2016. William Morrow Paperbacks

Book beginning:
PROLOGUE "Motel"

Do what you like, Shelby Sloane, the bartered bride had said to me, smiling like an enigma, just remember: all roads lead to where you stand.
 
Back then I said, what does that mean?
 
This morning I knew. It was the morning of the third day I had been trapped in a room, two miles from the main drag of the Reno strip in a place called “Motel.”

I stood alone, broke, and in Reno.

Page 56:
"So we're off," Gina said. "Are you excited?"
"Sure," I said.

Book description:

 

8 comments:

  1. Sounds interesting! I wonder why and how Gina manages to derail Shelby's plans.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am very curious now! I can't imagine anything worse than being trapped in a room in a place called "Motel"...not when adventure in that yellow Mustang was the plan. Thanks for sharing, and here's mine: “THE MISSING”

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm curious what happens when she finally gets out of that room.

    My Friday 56 from Guarded

    ReplyDelete
  4. Road trip! I'm curious about the mishaps that led her to "Motel." Sounds like a fun story.
    My Friday post features Náápiikoan Winter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the yellow mustang contrasting with the bright blue sky on the cover.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun meme post, Harvee! This sounds like a good book about the early 1980s.
    Have a safe and happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have me piqued. :-)
    Wishing you the best for 2017!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know some people who would love this! :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and thoughts...

Three Novels: Japanese Mystery; Family Drama; Ecuadorian

  Books in the mail The Night of Baba Yaga  by Akira Otani (translated from the Japanese). July 2, 2024, Soho Crime This is an unusual novel...