Oct 20, 2017

Book Beginning: A Tale of Two Kitties by Sofie Kelly

A Tale of Two Kitties (A Magical Cats Mystery #9)
A tale of two kitties by Sofie Kelly
Publication: September 5, 2017, Berkley
Genre: cozy mystery

Two magical cats have powers of detection that prove indispensable to librarian and amateur sleuth Kathleen Paulson…

Book beginning:
You'd think by now it wouldn't bother me to step on a body in the middle of the kitchen floor, but I was in my sock feet and the body - missing its head, no surprise - was damp.

With cat slobber.

"Owen," I yelled, hopping on one foot while I rubbed the other against my pant leg.

The cat stuck its grey tabby head around the living room doorway and looked at me, face tipped quizzically to one side.

"Come and get this," I said, pointing to the headless yellow catnip chicken, aka Fred the Funky Chicken, I'd just stepped on.  

Page 56:
"You have to stay out of trouble at the library," I reminded him. "No going all Dr. Jack Griffin and roaming the building."

Definitely looks like a cat/mystery lover book!

Memes: The Friday 56. Grab a book, turn to page 56 or 56% of your eReader. Find any sentence that grabs you. Post it, and add your URL post in Linky at Freda's Voice. Also visit Book Beginning at Rose City Reader.

14 comments:

  1. I remember something like that. My cat liked to leave the feet and tail of a mouse it caught right next to my bed. I'd step on it and scream. LOL

    My Friday 56 from Cinema Of Shadows

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a dog! It didn't do anything close to that, lol.

      Delete
  2. Ewww....stepping on something like that makes me cringe. But I love the look of the book...

    Here's mine: “ODD CHILD OUT”

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great book for cat lovers. I'm a dog ��person myself.

      Delete
  3. The beginning was interesting and kind of misleading at first.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The part about magical cats makes anything possible.

      Delete
  4. That beginning lured me right in! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tho I'm sceptical sometimes about anything magical, I'll read this one!

      Delete
  5. I've been wanting to read this series! I'm always a little skeptical about cozies with cats who are anything but ordinary cats but I've heard good things about this one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Must be popular. It's the ninth book in the series~

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and thoughts...

Three Novels: Japanese Mystery; Family Drama; Ecuadorian

  Books in the mail The Night of Baba Yaga  by Akira Otani (translated from the Japanese). July 2, 2024, Soho Crime This is an unusual novel...