Oct 3, 2017

First Chapter: Pupcakes by Annie England Noblin

Pupcakes: A Christmas Novel by Annie England Noblin, October 10, 2017, courtesy of William Morrow
Genre: romance, Christmas story
This is a novel of one woman starting over, who is adopted by an aging pug named Teddy Roosevelt, and continues when Brydie uses her baking skills to open a bakery named after its mascot - Pupcakes. 

First paragraph, first chapter:
The dog came with the house. Or maybe the house came with the dog. Either way, no matter how the sentence was constructed, the house and the dog came together.
Brydie Benson looked down at the at the fat wad of fur on the floor in front of her. Its tongue hung out of its mouth, fixed in what seemed to be a permanent pant. Bits of drool dripped from the protruding tongue and pooled onto the hardwood floor between them. 
Brydie took a step back. "Are you sure it can't go live with a relative or something?" she asked. "I'm not really a dog person." (from an uncorrected proof; final copy may differ)
Would you read on based on the beginning and the book description? 

MEME: Every Tuesday Bibliophile by the Sea hosts First Chapter First Paragraph, Tuesday Intros sharing the first paragraph or two, from a book you are reading or will be reading soon.

10 comments:

  1. I'm not really a dog person either, so I'm not sure I'd keep reading! ;-) Sounds interesting though.
    Here's my TEaser/Intro for the week: http://bit.ly/2hIAHVD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And dogs probably aren't allowed in bakeries! But nevertheless, a heartwarming Christmas romance, no?

      Delete
  2. How cute is that cover; I'd try more even though I'm a cat lady.

    ReplyDelete
  3. With a cover like that you've got me sold.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll bet this will be a good "doggie" story--enjoy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can see that doggie as my friend always had pugs growing up. Enjoy the read.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and thoughts...

Voices of the Old and the New: Corky Lee and Julia Alvarez

  NEW RELEASES Corky Lee's Asian America Fifty Years of Photographic Justice by  Corky Lee Publication April 9, 2024; Clarkson Potter/Te...