Feb 18, 2021

Audio Book: In Bad Company by Viveca Sten

 I'm spending the snow-in this week listening to audio books now, and have started with this one, which has a narrator that is easy to listen to and also very expressive in reading the dialogues. 


In Bad Company by Viveca Sten is the 9th in the Sandhamn Murder mysteries set in the Swedish archipelago and the island of Sandhamn.

I'm in the middle of listening to this domestic violence drama and police procedural, in which a brutal husband is also under investigation for drug trading and financial crimes. Prosecutor Nora Linde has to build a case against him, trying to persuade the wife, Mina, who has been moved to a safe home, to testify, to strengthen the case against him. 

I think I have about two or three others in this series to go, and I'm going to try to listen to the books instead of read them. I haven't listened much to books before, only a few while walking in the gym, but I find I'm enjoying the audio while snowed in and social distancing during this pandemic! One positive thing to come out of this situation! 

What books are keeping you company these days? Do you listen to audio books?

3 comments:

  1. I have listened to few audiobooks in English because it's not my first language but mostly, so I need peace and quiet around me to concentrate on the story, but mostly because it's hard to find a good narrator. Hercule Poirot narrated by Hugh Fraser ? Yes. Jeeves by Stephen Fry ? Yes again. But there are times when I thought listening to some narrators would be a good way to fall asleep in case of insomnia ! However, I once found The Pickwick papers narrated in such a wonderful way that I prefered the audio version to the novel ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. I vowed not to start any new series yet, this author and what you've shared leaves me curious - perhaps just her first book:)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and thoughts...

Three Novels: Japanese Mystery; Family Drama; Ecuadorian

  Books in the mail The Night of Baba Yaga  by Akira Otani (translated from the Japanese). July 2, 2024, Soho Crime This is an unusual novel...