Feb 16, 2021

Top Ten Tuesday: Mysteries set during Mardi Gras and in Louisiana

 


Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together. Each Tuesday she assigns a topic and then posts a top ten list that fits that topic. Freebie days: you may choose your own topic.


February 15: MARDI GRAS COLORS

Murder mysteries set in Louisiana and during Mardi Gras in New Orleans.
 


Glitter Bomb by Laura Childs



Death Swatch by Laura Childs


Gossamer Ghost by Laura Childs


Arf by Spencer Quinn



The Sound and the Furry by Spencer Quinn



 Woof by Spencer Quinn




Parchment and Old Lace by Laura Childs


Gilt Trip by Laura Childs



Mardi Gras Murder by Ellen Byron


Hot Blooded by Lisa Jackson

What did you do with this week's topic, Mardi Gras, in your Top Ten Tuesday? 


8 comments:

  1. I love your take on this post!

    My post: https://lydiaschoch.com/top-ten-tuesday-books-about-mardi-gras/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clever twist on the prompt...and so many dogs, too. Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love cozy mysteries. I think I've read Laura Childs before but I can't remember what the book was...

    Colletta

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun list! I've read a few books set in New Orleans, but I don't know if I've ever read one set during Mardi Gras. I'll have to check some of these out since I enjoy a good cozy mystery.

    Happy TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. AWESOME topic for today!!! We used to live in New Orleans, so Mardi Gras is a major holiday at our house. My husband and I both love to read books set in New Orleans, but I've never heard of any of the books and authors you listed here, so thanks for that!

    Some of our favorite mysteries set in NOLA include Burn by Nevada Barr and New Orleans Mourning by Julie Smith.

    Sue

    Book By Book

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did great with this topic. New Orleans is a great setting for a mystery. I've only been there one time, but I was taken with its atmosphere.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Exciting page! Partial to Laura Childs.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and thoughts...

Voices of the Old and the New: Corky Lee and Julia Alvarez

  NEW RELEASES Corky Lee's Asian America Fifty Years of Photographic Justice by  Corky Lee Publication April 9, 2024; Clarkson Potter/Te...