Jan 30, 2022

Sunday Salon: The Lost Dragon Murder by Michael Allan Mallory

 New mystery series:


This is the first in a series of mystery books featuring Detective Henry Lau. Looking forward to reading and reviewing it soon.


The Lost Dragon Murder by Michael Allan Mallory, December 31, 2021, BookLocker
Genre: traditional detective novel

Description: The murder of an art expert and the disappearance of a priceless artifact propels Detective Henry Lau into the nebulous world of ancient antiquities. Complicating matters is a parade of dodgy suspects who wouldn’t know a truthful statement if it bit them on the leg. Solving a cryptic clue left by the dead man may be the only way to unlock the mystery.


But can he do it? Back on active duty after near-fatal injuries kept him sidelined, Henry is determined to prove he can still do the job. His detective skills and Wing Chun kung fu knowledge are put to the test when the case spirals to a dangerous showdown.
 (publisher)

My library books:



My library books, mosty mysteries and a fantasy, except for Lemon. 
Which book would you start with? 

Have you read any of these authors? 


Memes: The Sunday Post hosted by The Caffeinated BookreviewerAlso,  It's Monday: What Are You ReadingMailbox Mondayand Sunday Salon  

22 comments:

  1. I'm not familiar with any of the books or authors you have just gotten from the library. But I think I'd start with Lemon. It sounds intriguing.

    I looked up your authors, and Marlon James sounds like an interesting writer. I'd put his book somewhere near the top of the lineup.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I started with Marlon James who has a phenomenal imagination! Lemon is second on the list, as you suggest! Wiley Cash is also a very good writer, as are the others.

      Delete
  2. I recognise some of the names but haven’t read any. I’d pick one that is a contrasting genre to what you are currently reading.

    Wishing you a great reading week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm reading several at once, but that's a great idea.

      Delete
  3. I've been trying to use my library more, though I prefer e-books and the choices are not always great. I love the cover of The Lost Dragon Murder, happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you tried getting ARC ebooks from NetGalley? I like reading advance readers copies of new books before they are published.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Lost Dragon Murder sounds fabulous. I would like to try When Ghosts Come as well.

    Thanks for sharing and for visiting my blog today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A new series for me. I will be looking out for this one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This dragon is quite enticing!
    From your list, I would try the one by Hirahara. Debating myself if I want to read it. Curious to see what you think of it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to read them too, Emma. Will try to post comments and thoughts

      Delete
  8. Looks good! I will have to check this one out. I hope you are enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A new detective series with Henry Lau is a Yes!

      Delete
  9. I'm dying to get my hands on the new Wiley Cash. He's fairly local to me so I need to go by my local bookstore the next time I'm actually home (we travel with my husband's job) and see if I can get a signed copy. They usually keep them in stock.

    Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you get your hands on a signed copy. I like his writing also.

      Delete
  10. I like 'dragon' titles and "wolves" - so Black Leopard, Red Wolf would be my pick. Although I am not familiar with any of the books. Have a good week and Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The audio of When Ghosts Come Home by Wiley Cash was a nice slow-burn mystery for me. It wasn't too heavy but passed easily. This was my first novel by this author. Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I haven't read any of your new books. I like the title of Black Leopard, Red Wolf.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't normally read sci-fi/fantasy, but this one looks very imaginative and different.

      Delete

I appreciate your comments and thoughts...

Three Novels: Japanese Mystery; Family Drama; Ecuadorian

  Books in the mail The Night of Baba Yaga  by Akira Otani (translated from the Japanese). July 2, 2024, Soho Crime This is an unusual novel...