Oct 5, 2010

To Surrender to a Rogue by Cara Elliott

Hosted by MizB, Teaser Tuesdays asks you to choose two sentences at random from your current read. Identify the author and title for readers.



Her pulse was now pounding out of control, but somehow, above the din in her ears, she heard the voice of Reason.
Dangerous.  (ch. 2) 
To Surrender To A Rogue (Circle of Sin Trilogy) by Cara Elliott is a book I won that I thought I'd like after reading the paranormal romance, Flirting with Foreverby Gwyn Cready. This one is a straight romance however, and sounds as if it's set in the 19th Century in England. Not exactly my cup of tea, but a romance that lots of people would like. I've reserved this book for some family members who love the conventional, risque romance!
Book description: "An expert in antiquities, Lady Alessandra della Giamatti arrives in Bath to excavate newly discovered Roman ruins-only to find herself caught in a web of evil intrigue by a blackmailer threatening to expose her scandalous past. The one man who can help her is Lord James "Black Jack" Pierson, a fellow member of the expedition and a sinfully handsome rogue whose tempting presence ignites a different sort of danger." (Goodreads)
What's your teaser this week:?

12 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review and random sentence. All the handsome available rogues seems to be in books. I like the title, though: Flirting with Forever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol, I love or hate conventional romances, depending on how they're written and if it has enough humorous material.

    Nice teaser. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very interesting post and blog. I like it very much. Will be back when in a story frame of mind.



    Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really enjoyed this book! I like Cara Elliott a lot :)

    Our TEASER this week is from "Unholy Ghosts" by Stacia Kane.

    ♥Isalys

    ReplyDelete
  5. That darn voice of Reason is always spoiling the fun! Great teaser, but this probably wouldn't be one for me, either.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Roman history's a favorite of mine, so parts of this book sound intriguing...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good choice!

    http://fredasvoice.blogspot.com/2010/10/teaser-time.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah, the voice of Reason. It spoils so many moments. *grin* Great teaser!

    Thanks for coming by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You know this is the type of book I reserve for one of my moods, I hope you understand what I mean. :)
    I can't get through them always, but some of those days, I like them !

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like an intriguing read.

    Thanks for visiting mine.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and thoughts...

Three Novels: Japanese Mystery; Family Drama; Ecuadorian

  Books in the mail The Night of Baba Yaga  by Akira Otani (translated from the Japanese). July 2, 2024, Soho Crime This is an unusual novel...