Jan 28, 2011

Book Blogger Hop: Murder in Passy by Cara Black


Welcome to Book Blogger Hop! Visit other blogs by linking up to the Hop at Crazy for Books, weekly from Friday through Monday, blog hop other blogs in the Linky list, and answer the question of the week.

This week's question: What book are you most looking forward to seeing published in 2011? Why are you anticipating this book?

Answer: I'm a fan of a California mystery writer who sets her books in Paris. Cara Black's latest, the 11th in the Aimee Leduc Investigations mystery series is due out on March  8 in hard cover and on Kindle, Murder in Passy: An Aimee Leduc Investigation Set in Paris.

I've read the ten books in the series and enjoyed them all. They describe Paris in detail, above ground and underground in the tunnels and catacombs that run underneath the city. They describe the different arrondisements or districts of Paris and the people who live and work there. Can't wait to read more about Aimee's adventures in Paris as an investigator in computer security. Cara first book, Murder in the Marais: An Aimée Leduc Investigation, is one of the best in the series and is out in paperback edition this month. Murder in the Palais Royal (Aimee Leduc Investigations, No. 10) is due out in paperback on March 8.

What book are you looking forward to this year?

15 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by. I am your newest follower and is very intrigued about this author. I should see if my library has them. Which one was her first book?

    ReplyDelete
  2. BookQuoter, Cara first book, Murder in the Marais: An Aimée Leduc Investigation, is one of the best in the series. I'm sure you'll enjoy them if you like mysteries.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, I've never heard of Cara Black, but her books sound really interesting, especially since she explores underground Paris. I'll have to check them out.

    Glad to have found you via the Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That´s a tough question. If I have to limit my answer to one book, it is Martin Edwards´ The Hanging Wood.

    But there is also a new Vera Stanhope on its way from Ann Cleeves. Well, two favourites must surely be okay :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't heard of this series of books but from the description it's the type of story I'd go for.

    Thanks for stopping by... and I love birds too. On the weekends I usually do a post featuring birds.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello, Harvee. I am here from the Hop! This sounds like quite a good series.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a new series to me. It definitely sounds like a good setting!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've meant to read Cara Black's series for some time. There are just so many mystery series that I'd like to sample. Why do I need to sleep?? LOL

    Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've never heard of this series but I must check them out!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for stopping by! This looks like an interesting series, I'll have to check it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love mysteries and this sounds really good.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for stopping by e-Volving Books.
    Cara Black does sound really good, I'm off to the amazon link to read her first chapter :)

    I'm following you, glad to have found this blog!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi
    Just hopping by and following through.
    I havent heard of this series but it sounds like something I'd like - thanks for sharing it.

    Shelleyrae @ Book'd Out
    www.bookdout.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and thoughts...

Sunday Salon: French Windows and The Venus of Salo

  In the Mailbox French Windows  by Antoine Laurain, publication June 25, 2024 by Gallic Books Source: ARC from Meryl Zegarek Public Relatio...